Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Why?

Matt, my SO, asked me why I was keeping a blog. I find it always helps to clarify my ideas when someone questions what I am doing. So here are some of the reasons: I love reading ceramic and art blogs, I can't get enough and am always hoping that I will find a new one that I like. Hopefully, this blog will be enjoyed by someone other than myself. It is incredibly helpful to read that someone, somewhere is thinking in a similar fashion, that other people are having similar experiences. I am also posting all the inanities of my daily ceramic life to this blog to take some of the pressure off of my family and friends who don't necessarily want to hear about how many pot bottoms I've sanded, or how much I detest making handles. Finally I am writing this to have the process documented. In the rush and flurry of daily life I get lost in all the little details that happen. I want to be able to go back to the beginning of this all and see what it was like in the moment.

No comments: