Friday, September 26, 2008

talk nerdy to me


I have had another busy few days in the studio. These are some jug forms that are setting up a bit and waiting for handles and spouts.


Fresh work out of the kiln. Which is a good thing as the tourists still seem to be around and my shelves were getting pretty bare.


Oh and I do, I do.


Mugs with the turquoise glaze that worked. Thank goodness because the bride to be comes to pick them up in about 30 minutes. I am busy with custom orders, but they all seem to be fun so far. I guess I have just been saying no to the orders that I don't want to make (large dinnerware sets, goblets).


Bright coloured vases in the sunny display window. I am very happy with the new loose and wobbly forms for the tall mugs. They are also in the window, but you can't really see their fabulousness. I will take more photos and post them later.

7 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klineola said...

You should check out my friend Tom Spleth's profanity cups. You might enjoy. They're here
I don't know, maybe you will be offended by them...I apologize, if so, in advance. And if that offends, don't see "The Aristocrats"...

;-)

Cheryl Alena Kinzel said...

Love, love, love Tom's cups. Not offensive at all. Very, very funny.

Amanda said...

ooooh, do you share glaze recipes? I've been following this turquoise- the last one I tried kept crazing like, well, crazy!

Cheryl Alena Kinzel said...

Hi Amanda,
Email me and we can discuss this beautiful yet very, very difficult to work with glaze.
:)

Linda Starr said...

I'll say it again, I too love the turquoise glaze. Can't wait to see your new jugs glazed and love those tall vase colors.

Anonymous said...

Now that everyone else has fallen in love with that turquoise glaze, I'm curious how you got that slight blue tint on the "nerdy" mugs.

I understand if you can't share all your secrets. :)

michele