Saturday, January 5, 2008

actual resolutions

More thoughts about how to be a better and happier person in 2008. So here they are:

1. No more plastic - no more plastic bags only paper, no more purchasing of plastic things, it's the thrift store for all of our old kitchen plastic stuff (bad for us although I don't have the heart to just pitch it).
2. Reduce, reuse and recycle - we already do this, but we are switching into hyper vigilant mode and this will be a family affair - the thrift stores are our new best friends and I am teaching my kids to sew (tomorrow is make cool new shirts out of old shirts day). Continue to compost and plant a vegetable garden in the spring.
3. Stop purchasing things. Well, unneccessary things, and if it seems neccessary then we are going to the thrift shop first.

I only want to have resolutions that I can keep. I am interested in hearing about any resolutions you have made for 2008, particularly the ones regarding the environment and our place in it.

No comments: