Tuesday, August 19, 2008

the highlights


The Vancouver Artgallery and the exhibits by Zhang Huan: Altered States, Rebecca Belmore: Rising to the Occasion, Krazy! The Delirious World of Anime + Comics + Video Games + Art, and Canadian Women Modernists: The dialogue with Emily Carr.




My wonderful little sister (I still get to say that even though we are almost 40) and my wonderful niece were out for the wedding and we spent a lot of time together. Soleil especially liked to sit up top and 'drive' the boat. She is back in Ottawa now and I miss her terribly (my sister too).






We had all of the children for the holiday time before the wedding. We went to the goats on the roof market, we went boating, we went to the beach, we ate prawns, we ate ice cream, we watched cartoons, we took silly photographs with ALL of the cement statues at the market.






We are a LOT of sushi (and tempera), and it was really, really, really good.






I am still taller than my daughters.

No comments: