Sunday, October 12, 2008

my day for Mrs. G



6:30 am, the alarm rings us awake and Taz starts cuddling and wiggling about. We are both up and getting ready for our day. I make lunches for my girls and then have a quick cup of green tea before I wake them up at 7.



8:15 am, the girls leave for school and I head to the computer with yet another cup of green tea so that I can check my email and all of the blogs that I am addicted to. I make myself some rye toast with peanut butter and an avacado on the side for breakfast.



9am, hop in the shower and then head out to the studio.




Today I will be waxing and glazing all of the rest of the coffee mugs that I have thrown. Lots of mixing and dipping. Thankfully, no glaze batch making as I seem to have enough of everything. Many breaks taken to check email and facebook.




12pm finds me outside of the highschool to drop off the baking dish filled with lime green jello. Jada has to build a cell with jello and candy and the dish was too big to carry to school in the morning. I have a quick lunch of leftover salad from last night and some fruit.




12:30 and I am back in the studio. I spend some time cleaning up all of the work that has come out of the kiln. It needs to be sanded, priced and put on display in the gallery. I take the time to photograph some and upload it to my Etsy shop. More puttering around in the studio, getting ready for students and trying to tidy up.



5:00pm and I am inside starting to make dinner. Tonight we will have roast pumpkin and garlic soup with fresh bread (from the bakery) and a green salad. I LOVE soup in the cold seasons.




7:00pm and I am off to yoga class at Golden Lotus Ayurveda. Yoga keeps me sane and I love the escape. I manage to make it to class about twice a week.



8:30pm and I am back home to help my girls with any school work and to organize the house for tomorrow.



10:00pm and we are all off to bed after checking our emails one last time.



Thanks for the opportunity to share our days with you Mrs. G! Check out everyone else's day at Derfwad Manor.

16 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

all this and jello too??????

Glennis said...

Oh, I envy you! A day that results in beautiful things! And I don't mean the jello - although I suppose someone could find the inner beauty of green jello...

How rare is that?

Anonymous said...

oooh, i love your pottery; i'll have to check out your etsy shop...

Linda Starr said...

I love rye bread and avocados, but not with peanut butter. Have you ever tried lime jello with shredded carrots in it - um good. Pumpkin soup - I'm hungry reading your post. Those tumblers look so thin and beautiful. What a full day.

Anonymous said...

simply beautiful pottery thank you for sharing it

Mrs. G. said...

Thanks for the glimpse of your sweet life. You make the most beautiful things.

RW said...

I came over from Mrs. G's - I am glad I did. I quite enjoyed seeing your creations.

Saucy said...

Your day is eerily like mine except for the rye toast and the throwing/glazing/kiln part. Kudos to you. I dig driving around with jello.

Karen said...

I'm sorry I was distracted by the beautiful bowl and mugs and have forgotten everything else you wrote. Must click over to esty shop now.

Unknown said...

This seems like an idyllic day - and your pottery is beautiful!

Jen said...

What simple beautiful creations! I'm sure they take alot of work but they look spectacular. Thanks for sharing your day with us.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! (Your supper sounds delish, too) I'm here via Mrs. G., but I see you over at Gary's place as well.

Linda Starr said...

Hey Cheryl, I wanted to add I am astonished at the volume of work you are always showing in your photos - you are amazing.

I posted for Mrs. G. too.

Deirdre said...

I *love* your pottery! I will have to check out your esty shop.

Thanks for sharing your day! That soup sounds wonderful -- will you share the recipe?

debra said...

We one had did a show in our gallery/studio called Mothers' Art: Capturing Moments in Time. Because that is exacty what we do:-)
So glad to have found you!

Jenn @ Juggling Life said...

Your work is beautiful.