Saturday, March 1, 2008

Paul Butler Collage Party at AGOG



Last night (February 29th) I went to a collage party at the Art Gallery of Golden. It was organized by Mike McPhee and he brought in his friend Paul Butler. Paul is a collage artist (and painter/drawer) from Winnipeg. He gave an artists talk complete with inspirational slide show and then we were encouraged to begin creating.



This was my first experience with collage and I think I am in love maybe a bit. I was much less collaborative that I expected to be. I felt a strong sense of ownership over the pieces I created. I felt like they reflected me or were about me and I didn't want any parts of others on them.



We drank a lot of beer and there was a lot of playful banter and sharing of supplies.



This is the 'all about me' collage. I like it.



I took a lot of photos (with my pocket digital, not the beautiful pentax) and you can see them on shutterfly here.

No comments: